Go to this link and submit your name and cell phone number. The coupons will be sent to you by SMS.
In honour of the Keep Shabbat project this week, Super Cofix is offering a challah and a 187 ml bottle of wine for only 5 shekels! To find a store near you, click here.
One of the best ways to support Israel is to buy Israeli products. Between the military campaign and the subsequent drop in tourism, the factories and businesses in the South need your support now more then ever. You can donate money to people who will go shopping in the South, but did you know there are products in your local supermarket that are manufactured in the South? The “Made in Israel” campaign has compiled a list of manufacturers that are located in the South, 13 of which are food-related. Here is the list in English:
(3) Dorot- one of my favorite companies! They make cubes of garlic, parsley, ginger, chili and more that are chopped and frozen for easy use. This product is even exported so you can tell your friends in Canada, Hungary, France, South Africa, Spain, the US and the UK to buy it as well. An international store locator is on their web site. For more information call 08-6808095 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
(4) Top-Gam candy- better known as the Tent’a brand (תנת’ה).Not only is the Sderot-based factory staying open, but it is donating packages of candy to the soldiers as well. You can find Tent’a products in Shufersal and Mega in addition to the US and the EU. For more information, go to their web site (English), call 08-6616111 or email email@example.com.
(5) Tufinit chocolate- Lots of delicious chocolates such as those given out at smachot. Their chocolate can also be found at Aroma and Cafe Cafe. For more information, go to their web site or call 08-9340805.
(7) Tibulim- similar to Dorot, they make frozen chopped herbs and spices. For more information call 08-9930885 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
(8) Chavat HaBuffalo- dairy products made from buffalo milk can be found in stores such as Shufersal, Eden Teva Market, Co-op , and Aroma cafe shops. For more information, go to their web site, Facebook page, call 08-8574508 or email email@example.com.
(9) HaBesor olive oil- award winning and superior in quality. You can even see the laboratory analysis of their oil’s fatty acid content on their web site. For more information call 054-6644717 or 052-4874025 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
(10) The Pita Boutique (בוטיק הפיתה)- All sorts of breads, calzones, and pizza. You can order online for pickup if you are in the Ashdod area. They also deliver to the soldiers. For more information go to their Facebook page or call 08-8562414.
(11) Tivit (טבעית)- “Nature’s Healthy Snacks”- They make healthy granola bars for what seems to be only private label so I am not sure if you will be able to find it in the stores. You can contact them by calling 054-3320410 or sending an email to NaturesHealthySnacks@gmail.com. For more information check out their web site.
(12) Stybel flour (שטיבל)- Although they are national, they have flour mills in Ashdod and Beersheva. You can order flour online or by telephone to be sent to your house. If you live in California, you can purchase online from this store. For more information, go to their web site, call 04-9020114 or email email@example.com.
There are many more factories that are located in the South such as Osem (one factory in Sderot) and Yad Mordechai (Kibbutz Yad Mordechai), but I think the focus was on smaller businesses who are more directly affected by the military campaign.
I haven’t posted for a while, mainly because there really wasn’t anything exciting to write about. Maybe the stores felt we are too busy paying off our credit cards from the previous holidays?!
Anyway, this week the sales beast has awoken. Here are some of the posted sales this week:
Bar Kol doesn’t have a web site to check out their sales- they have a phone number: 1-800-623-755.
Some of their sales include: Angel cake for 8.99 shekels and Efrat Masoret wine for 10.99 shekels.
Eden Teva Market:
The natural supermarket has joined the advertising craze this season as well. Some of their sales include: 12 medium organic eggs for 14.99, 3 cans of Yonah brand tuna in oil for 12.99 (for those of you who don’t know, Yonah is Starkist’s lower quality brand- made in Israel), Telma Branflakes for 16.99, and Shukha brand Persian rice for 5.99. Their web site is new and doesn’t have the sales yet, but you can check it out anyway.
There are some very good sales here- citrus and some other fruits for 1.89/kg, fresh salmon for 49.99/kg, Special K for 14.99 (club members only), 2 750ml bottles of Smirnoff vodka for 89.99 (club members only), and Jacobs coffee for 24.99 (club members only). Check it out here.
Mega Bul/Mega Ba’Ir:
Mega’s shtick for the holidays is 8 sale items per week. This week sale items include 2 1-liter bottles of canola oil for 8 shekels, 3 kilograms of fresh shnitzel or chicken breast for 50 shekels, citrus fruits for 1.99/kg, bakery goods for 1.99/100 grams, and Palmolive liquid soap for 7.90. There are limits and fine print- check it out here.
MegaBul is also having an 8 shekel sale for YOU members, but I didn’t see any great bargains. You can check it out here.
No apparent sales at Rami Levy- all of their advertising is on their new cell phone company…
Shufersal Deal’s sale includes 25% off many brands of deli meat, 5kg of chicken thighs or quarters for 70 shekels (expires Dec 8), 2 boxes of Special K cereal for 29.99, 3 packages of Colgate 75ml toothpaste for 19.99 (note the regular size in the stores is 100ml), 4 bottles of Spring Tea for 19.99, and 25% off Sano Sushi products. Check it out here.
Their sales are almost identical to Shufersal’s- 25% off many brands of deli meat, 5kg of chicken thighs or quarters for 70 shekels (expires Dec 8), and more. Their sales are only for credit card holders (except the chicken) and they also end the 8th. If you have their credit card, you can purchase Titulim Premium at 50% off and Pampers Mega Pack for 89.99. Check it out here.