Freebies for residents under fire and those who want to support them
The South is still under fire but more and more companies and organizations are reaching out to help those in need. Here are some of the latest offers for residents of the South plus several for the entire country. You must show proof of residence to get the deals offered to the Southern residents.
(1) Interested in wearing your support for Tzahal? Runy, the online shoe store is offering a free silicone bracelet when you email them with your name, telephone number, email, and address to send the bracelet to. Email: email@example.com
For more information go to their Facebook page.
(2) Looking for a way to cheer up someone’s Shabbat? The online flower store Zer4U is offering a 30% discount on flower orders from one of their stores in the South only to residents of the South only. Click here to get a list of their branches.
(3) The educational web site Brain POP has opened its site for free for all kids who are at home. User name: שטק Password: שקט There are two sites available for free- the regular site with topics such as geography, music and math and the site which teaches English, which is also good for Anglo children.
(4) The Nahalat Binyamin Visitor Center in Psagot Winery is offering free entrance to all residents of the South and whoever is “under the range of fire.” For more information call 02-9979333. For more information about the winery go to their web page (English).
(5) Gan Garoo- free entrance to Southern residents.
(6) The Botanical Garden in Jerusalem- free entrance to residents on the “front line” (קו עימות)
(7) Park HaMaayanot- Southern residents get free entrance and free use of an electric car for two hours.
(8) Marzipan Museum- free entrance for Southern residents. Workshops cost 32 shekels instead of 52.
(9) The new action park in Maale Adumim is offering entrance to the children’s area for only 19 shekels. For more information go to their web site (English).
(10) Studio C is offering all women who live within 40 kilometers of Gaza to go to any Studio C branch throughout the country and burn off some stress for free. They can also participate in aerobics and Zumba classes for free. For a list of Studio C branches click here.
The complete list of old and new deals can be found on Ynet.