Ice skating over Chanukah
For those of us coming from chutz l’aretz, Chanukah generally is associated with winter sports such as sledding, skiing and skating. In Israel, it is a bit warmer so we look to other sports. However, if you still miss ice skating, here is a list of the places in Israel you can go:
- ISkate– located in Tel Aviv inside Luna Park. Open “every day of the year.” The hours on Chanukah (28 Nov-5 Dec) are 10:00-22:00. Leumi card and Isracard holders get a 1+1 discount. American Express card holders get a free ticket with 1200 points (not including Blue).
- Canada Center– located in Metula. Open Monday-Saturday. It is cheaper to buy tickets online than at the door. Leumi card holders can get a 1+1 discount. If you don’t have one, you can get 10% off admission by clicking on this coupon:
- Yes Planet in Rishon L’zion will be opening a ice skating rink especially for Chanukah is honor of the new Disney movie “Frozen” (לשבור את הקרח). Whoever buys a ticket to the movie or spends at least 25 shekels in the restaurant (kosher) can ice skate for free! Including skates!
- AchlaKerach– located in Maalot. Open every day of the week. Visa CAL card holders get a 1+1 discount.
- Ice Peaks– located in Holon. Open every day of the week. Visa CAL and Leumi card holders get a 1+1 discount and there any many more discounts available through different groups- click here for a full listing.
- Ice Peaks– located in Kenyon Lev, Ashdod. Also has discounts but recommends you check with your credit card/ group web site.
- Ice Mall– located in Eilat. Open every day of the week. For those who miss Vegas, this sounds like a good replacement. Some of the attractions in the mall include an ice train, a snow igloo, and Babylon games park, along with all the other clothing stores and restaurants. 50% discount for Eilat residents.
- Ice Space– located in Eilat. If you are looking for that frozen experience but do NOT want to ice skate, this is the place. It is a whole district made out of ice. There is sledding, sculpture exhibits and more. They provide the winter gear. Open every day of the week. Visa CAL and Isracard holders get a 1+1 discount.
Each place has a different minimum age for entrance- check before going. None of these places allow pregnant women to skate. Prices are by the hour or half hour so check before you go.